SPRA is committed to addressing the barriers and constraints to participation in recreation faced by many people in Saskatchewan.
We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our province, and believe in it's motto: "Multis e gentibus vires: from many peoples, strength." Diversity refers to any and all differences between and among people. Acknowledging and valuing diversity in all its forms is vital to the prevention of prejudice and discrimination.
- Supports First Nations, Métis and Northern communities in sustaining their values and traditions through culturally appropriate community-based recreation programs
- Provide advice, training and resources to ensure the integration of Indigenous programming within the parks and recreation network
- Offer funding opportunities to our active members, such as the Métis Recreation Development Grant, the First Nation Member’s Recreation Development Grant, and the Community Cultural Diversity Inclusion Grant.
- Are responsible for the implementation and development of initiatives that create Indigenous leadership and participation in parks and recreation, such as:
- Conducts research to address barriers to participation in recreation and parks faced by many people, including First Nations, Métis, LGBTQ2S, Newcomers, and other underrepresented populations.
Looking for more resources?