The Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the full-time contract position of Consultant – Youth Engagement.
This position increases community capacity to participate in the broad physical activity and community engagement agendas by building partnerships with provincial stakeholders, organizations, governments and municipalities. This position develops, delivers and supports the youth and older adult initiatives of SPRA.
Work will be carried out to meet project outcomes while assisting members, stakeholders and parties of interest. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Leads provincial program planning, design delivery and evaluation of youth engagement strategies which includes, but is not limited to SPRA’s initiatives: After-School time Period (ASTP) efforts, Take the Lead!, HIGH FIVE®, Youth Community Education through Recreation (YCER) and general efforts focused on the reduction of youth barriers to participation in recreation.
- Supports the coordination of the provincial Forever…in motion initiative.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A degree in Physical Activity Studies, Kinesiology or Recreation Administration, or a related field of study in social arts or sciences.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of experience with two (2) years in a coordination role.
- Experience and a commitment to the area of youth engagement and in working with volunteers, boards, committees, stakeholder groups. Additional training in HIGH FIVE®, Take the Lead! and Play Leadership is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply strategic planning, program planning and project management - including perform outcome based planning and evaluation and implement strategic directions to meet performance outcomes.
- Ability to manage projects including the acquisition of funding, resources and partnerships in support of the position.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office - including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and databases.
Submit resume by 12:00 p.m. on November 22, 2017 to:
Lee Anne Balliett, Consultant II – Human Resources and Funding
Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
#100 - 1445 Park Street Regina SK S4N 4C5
Fax: (306) 780-9261
SPRA thanks all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.