The Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation (SPRA) is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the full-time permanent position of Consultant – Facilities and Training.
This position develops the strategic direction for a Facilities and Training portfolio and the implementation of initiatives that:
- Recognize the value of and create safe and efficiently operated recreation facilities within Saskatchewan.
- Coordinate and secure training for membership and staff in support of the province’s parks and recreation delivery system.
Community and organizational capacity will be strengthened based on expertise offered through the portfolio and partnerships established with provincial stakeholders, organizations, governments and municipalities.
Work will be carried out to meet project outcomes while assisting members, stakeholders and parties of interest. Responsibilities align with, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading initiative planning, design, delivery and evaluation of SPRA’s Facilities and Training portfolio.
- Representing SPRA and its membership in the area of recreation facilities and training at the national and provincial levels.
- Planning and directing the gathering of issues, trends and member needs and concerns related to recreation facilities and training.
- Coordinating the work of the contract technical staff and service providers specific to the portfolio.
- Preparing reports and identifying, monitoring, reviewing and reporting the revenues and expenditures of the annual budget for the portfolios.
- Providing advice and information to the membership for the purpose of strengthening the ability of the parks and recreation network.
- Coordinating logistics for staff in-service workshops and seminars.
- Administering SPRA’s Regina office building and vehicle maintenance program.
- Coordinating SPRA’s corporate membership category.
Greater detail can be found by reading the Job Description here.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Recreation Administration, Facilities Management or a related field of study.
- A minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of experience in the development and operation of recreation facilities, with two (2) years in a coordination role.
- Experience working with facility operators, volunteers, boards and committees. Experience in coordination and assessment of education and training is a preferred asset.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, strategic planning, program planning and project management, including performing outcome based planning and evaluation and implement strategic directions to meet performance outcomes.
- Ability to manage projects, including the acquisition of funding, resources and partnerships, in support of the position.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and databases.
Submit your resume by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 3, 2018 to:
Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
#100 - 1445 Park Street Regina SK S4N 4C5
Fax: (306) 780-9257
SPRA thanks all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.