Dates and Times:
March 23, 2018 - 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
March 24, 2018 - 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
March 25, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $629, plus GST
Application Deadline: February 23, 2018
Pre-requisites PHCD: Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD), QUEST 2, and Facilitation/Public Speaking experience
The HIGH FIVE® Trainer course is a 2.5 day training designed for people responsible for training staff in an organization or are simply interested in helping to deliver HIGH FIVE training to agencies who believe in ensuring children have the best way to play! HIGH FIVE helps organizations improve the quality of children’s programs by making a commitment to continuous improvement in the area of healthy child development and training delivery, and having a HIGH FIVE Trainer on staff makes the delivery of HIGH FIVE easy and more cost-effective.
Trainer Candidates should be committed to the program, its philosophy and the integrity of delivering training, which meets the HIGH FIVE standard of excellence and should possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the sector and the target audiences. Becoming a Trainer not only adds to their skillset but also enables them to teach the HIGH FIVE trainings to their own or other organizations. The Trainer’s facilitation skills will be supported and enhanced through mentoring and peer feedback. Having a HIGH FIVE® Trainer within an organization can cut down training costs and make scheduling more convenient. Individuals who become trainers can also earn an income by delivering trainings.
Please review the Trainer Candidate Information Package to gain a better understanding of what is involved in becoming a HIGH FIVE Trainer, and how you can easily support the delivery of the Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD) and QUEST 2 courses.
Successful candidates will receive a certificate and materials to provide HIGH FIVE® Training. Certified HIGH FIVE Trainers are eligible to receive remuneration for workshops they deliver. Further details are outlined within the Trainer Candidate Information Package.
A small amount of pre-work is required prior to participate in the Trainer course, which will be outlined by the HIGH FIVE Master Trainer once applications are approved.
SPRA Members can apply for the SPRA Leadership Development Grant (Deadline: February 1, 2018) to apply for funding to support participation in the HIGH FIVE Trainer Course.
- Senior Managers of organizations, or individuals with extensive experience with training, children’s programming and/or recreation and sport.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the sector.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the target audiences.
- Experienced in the field of training delivery.
- Highly committed to the program, its philosophy and the integrity of delivering training which meets the HIGH FIVE® standard of excellence.
- Identify learning styles
- Identify the Trainer’s role and recognize the impact
- Identify evidence-based content on healthy child development Practice training skills
- Use creative techniques and effective communication skills to deliver training content with confidence
- Create a plan to deliver PHCD and QUEST 2 trainings
For additional information, please visit www.highfive.org. Please contact Karen House, SPRA Consultant – Leadership and Evaluation at 306-780-9389, or at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.