The Exercise Theory is a prerequisite to all Certification modules and must be completed prior to taking any of the specialty modules. This course will give you the knowledge to proceed to the Group, Aquatic or Older Adult Specialty Modules. You will learn the basic theory behind fitness classes including, leadership, anatomy, physiology, applied mechanics, principles of training, workout design and basic nutrition. Learn about the competencies here.
Important Information: This will be a virtual live-streamed course - you will join the meeting via a unique private meeting link sent to your email. You will receive the meeting link and further information about the course from the SPRA Course Conductor the week prior to the course.
June 2 to 26 (total 16 hours) - You must attend all sessions.
- Wednesday, June 2, 9, 16, 23 - 6:00-8:00 pm
- Saturday, June 5, 12, 19, 26 - 9:00-11:00 am
Contact Kristen Jones, Fitness Administrative Assistant at email@example.com
- $260 plus GST
- Registration deadline is 5:00 pm May 25, 2021
- Course Manuals and materials will be shipped on May 26, 2021.
Your course fees include:
- Exercise Theory Manual
- Exercise Theory Study Guide
- Exercise Theory exam *First attempt included* (additional fee for supplemental exams)
- The 60 question multiple choice exam will be available virtually via Survey Monkey upon completion of the course. You will be required to book a time via the SPRA office.