"Advocacy is the process of developing a strategy for change."
SPRA is the recognized voice of parks and recreation in the province. SPRA provides a variety of tools and resources designed to improve the effectiveness and empower your community's advocacy efforts. Click on the advocacy menu to access these resources.
SPRA needs the help and support of our members, communities and government officials to create more awareness of the critical role of parks and recreation in the province and country. Together, we can increase public support and funding for parks and recreation in every community!
SPRA is committed to representing not only its members but also the citizens of the province as a whole. As this voice, a key role that SPRA plays is to provide advocacy for the recreation field and the leisure services sector. SPRA's Advocacy Strategy focuses on a number of different components including:
- Increasing awareness
- Developing ongoing relationships with stakeholders
- Developing specific strategies to advocate on specific issues affecting the sector
The SPRA Advocacy Strategy will assist the organization in meeting a number of its Ends including:
- Strengthening and developing Recreation within the province
- Supporting and assisting the Parks and Recreation network
- Positioning the field of parks and recreation