Celebrate June is Recreation & Parks Month!
With the support of national and provincial park/recreation associations SPRA is promoting June is Recreation & Parks Month. The designation is being made to acknowledge the contributions leisure facilities and parks make to quality of life in Saskatchewan. Each year recreation service providers and park authorities throughout the country utilize June to celebrate the return of summer programming, to gather their communities together, recognize volunteers, get residents involved in fun outdoor physical activities, and gain support for the parks and recreation sectors.
There are many benefits to participating in physical activity and recreation pursuits. Recreation provides personal, economic, social, and ecological benefits to our people, our communities and our Province. These benefits are significant and critical to the vitality of Saskatchewan.
Learn more about the benefits of recreation.
- Recognize the contributions leisure services and parks provide to our quality of life!
- Celebrate the return of summer programming!
- Gather people together, recognize volunteers and get residents involved in outdoor physical activity!
- Gain support for the parks and recreation sectors!
Are you thinking, "This could be a lot of work"? It's not! Just recognize June is Recreation & Parks Month in an activity or event that is already happening.
So, jump in... and join the celebration!!
Communities, organizations, volunteers, actually everyone and anyone can get involved by using the resources available on this website.
Some new and easy ideas you may want to try are include:
- Register as an Ambassador by calling SPRA at 1-800-563-2555.
- Sign the JRPM Proclamation at your next town council or board meeting.
- Who built the park in your area? Dedicate it someone or something and celebrate its dedication annually.
- Hold a community picnic. It will create new friendships and generate civic pride.
The opportunities are endless!
June is Recreation & Parks Month Events are happening in communities across Saskatchewan!
Search our Events Calendar to find out when the next June is Recreation & Parks Month event is taking place.
Check the calendar regularly as more events in 2016 are added.
June is Recreation & Parks Month Celebration Initiative Grant!
The June is Recreation & Parks Month Celebration Initiative Grant is now closed as the grant fund is fully allocated.
Recreation and Parks opportunities are an integral part of the health and quality of life of Saskatchewan’s residents. SPRA is very pleased to have the opportunity to offer financial assistance to JRPM Ambassadors (supporting communities and agencies) that are Active members of SPRA, again in 2016.
Through this funding program, SPRA is able to:
- Support localized promotion of the sector’s benefits
- Ensure that June will be recognized as Recreation & Parks Month
- Support planned events or programs
To have your efforts recognized by SPRA or for more information on celebrating June is Recreation & Parks Month call us at 1-800-563-2555